Fix “Sorry there was a problem with your request” on Instagram
Instagram is a social networking platform that allows users to shares videos and photos online. However, some users have reported that they encounter several issues on the platform, one of them being the error message, “sorry there was a problem with your request.”
This message appears whenever you try to log into your Instagram account. So, what causes it and what do have to do in order to fix it? We have explained the cause and solutions below.
What causes this error on Instagram?
Before we proceed, let’s look at the reasons that may be causing the error. Instagram may show that there is a problem with your request when:
- Instagram servers are down. This is temporary and lasts for only a few minutes.
- There are technical issues with your device, such as corrupt app data or poor internet connection.
- Your login information is not communicating well with Instagram servers
- People report your account in bulk
- You go against Instagram policies
How to fix “Sorry there was a problem with your request” error
If you want to fix the error, try these solutions one by one until you are able to log into your account.
1. Check Instagram servers
This should be your first step. You can check the status of Instagram servers online by using DownDetector or ask if your friends are experiencing the same problem.
If the servers are down, you have to wait for it doesn’t take long before Instagram fixes the issue. If not, try the next step.
2. Log in via Facebook
This is the easiest way. To do so;
- Open Instagram via the website on your phone
- Log into your account
- Go to Instagram settings then remove the Facebook account, if any
- Create a new Facebook account
- Use another phone to log into your Instagram account via the app
- Open Instagram Settings then connect to the new Facebook account
- Clear Instagram app data on your own device
- Open the Instagram app
- Log in with Facebook on Instagram
3. Reset your phone number
You need to reset the phone number saved on your Instagram account and use it to access your account via a link. To do so;
- Log into your Instagram account on a different device
- Go to Edit profile
- Add or change the phone number
- Now open your Instagram app on your phone
- Choose Forgot Password
- Using the phone number, you just added, select Send login link
- Type the code from the message
After that, check if you can log in
Read Also: How to send a DM on Instagram for PC
4. Clone the application
It may be the Instagram app settings on your device that may be causing the problem. To fix, you can use a third-party app to clone Instagram then try to log in again.
Here is how;
- Download Parallel Space from the google play store
- Open it. It will load all the apps on your device
- Select Instagram
- Tap add to parallel space
Open your clone there then try logging in.
5. Restore factory settings
This may help in the case of corrupt information in your device. To resolve;
- Backup your personal data
- Go to Settings on your phone
- Find Factory reset then tap on it
- Proceed to reset
- Download Instagram and install it on your device
- Log in via the app
It is my hope that from the above solutions, you find one that fixes the issue. If so, let us know which one worked for you.