‘Oh no! Your login temporarily failed, so please try again later. If your login continues to fail, please visit https://support. snapchat.com/a/failed-login :)’ This is an all-too-common error message on Snapchat to many users who are only trying to gain access to their favorite animal filters and disappearing snaps.
The Snapchat login temporarily failed error is mostly prevalent on Android where Snapchat, in a bid to protect its core feature of disappearing ‘Snaps’, uses detection software to block out users running rooted devices or modifying the app with third-party tools. Sadly, the detection will sometimes wrongly lock out a user on an unrooted device or even users on newer versions of iOS.
Luckily the solutions for the Snapchat login problem are quite simple and straightforward as we will detail in this article. However, Snapchat recommends three simple checks if you’re erroneously getting a Snapchat login problem on your device:
- Make sure you’re running the official Snapchat app on your device
- Double-check that your system date and clock is correctly set
- Confirm that you have a valid Google Account if on Android.
If all the above is in order, then you can proceed with the following solutions if you’re running an unrooted Android device or iOS.
Snapchat login solutions for an Unjailbroken iOS or Unrooted Android
Use these steps if you haven’t rooted or jailbroken your device.
Solution 1: Reboot your phone
A very straightforward and obvious solution but it could surprise you at just how effective it could prove to be. Apps are sometimes finicky and a simple reboot is all that is needed to get them back in order.
Solution 2: Update Snapchat
Quite obvious, but apps usually release bug fixes and general optimizations with newer versions so ensure that you’re running the latest official Snapchat available on the Play-Store or App-Store.
Solution 3: Re-install Snapchat
If there are no updates on the store, or if an update didn’t fix your login problem. Uninstall and re-install the app. Make sure to erase the cache and other Snapchat data before performing a re-install so Snapchat can refresh your login.
READ ALSO: SnapChat Phantom for iOS
Solution 4: Check your network connection.
Sometimes the issue might not be with the app but with your network connection. If you’re using a data plan, try switching to Wi-Fi and vice versa.
On iOS you could reset your network setting by following these steps:
- Navigate to Settings > General
- Tap on ‘Reset’ at the bottom of the screen
- Then choose ‘Reset Network Settings’ and reboot your phone.
Solution 5: Sync and verify your Google Account on Android
- Navigate to Settings > Accounts
- Choose ‘Add Account’ and select ‘Google’ from the list.
If you have already logged into your google account:
- Tap on your Google account
- Tap on the menu icon (three vertical dots on the top right)
- Choose ‘Sync now’
If you hadn’t logged into your account:
- Enter your email, password and accept.
- Tap on ‘Payment Information Option’ and tap ‘Continue’
- Tap on the menu icon and select ‘Sync now’
An invalid Google Account will return a Sync Error message.
Solutions for a rooted Android Device
If you’re running a rooted android device, then you’re not erroneously getting the Snapchat temporarily failed login error message as Snapchat’s detection software actively flags users on rooted devices. However, you can continue to enjoy Snapchat by using the following solutions:
Solution 1: Hide your root
On devices running android versions 6.0 Marshmallow or older, you can install Xposed framework which allows you to hide the root from Snapchat by allowing modules to tweak, alter and patch the program. For newer android versions, you can use a similar program called Magisk as Xposed Framework isn’t supported.
Solution 2: Unroot your Device
If you are intent on using Snapchat, you might consider unrooting your Android device. Fortunately this is easily done with a few simple steps as detailed below:
Unrooting in Recovery mode
You should consider backing up your data before proceeding with the following steps:
- Download the proper unroot ZIP file onto your computer then copy it to the main directory of your phone’s SD card.
- Switch off the phone and put it into recovery mode
- On the recovery mode menu, choose ‘Apply update from SD card’ and choose the unroot ZIP file.
- After the process finishes, reboot your phone.
A relatively easier alternative to unrooting your phone would be to use SuperSU, a powerful management tool available for rooted devices. Simply follow the steps below:
- Launch the app and choose ‘Full unroot’ in Settings.
- Tap ‘Continue’ and wait for the unrooting process to run
If following the above detailed solutions do not solve your Snapchat login temporarily failed issue, then it is completely feasible that the problem may be on Snapchat’s side which may be frustrating but all you can do is wait.
READ ALSO: How to download SnapChat++ iPA