How to Sign Out of iCloud on iPhone and iPad
Sometimes, you might have sync or update problems with your iCloud. This is one of the many reasons that might make you want to disassociate your iCloud account.
To solve this, you can either delete the iCloud account or simply sign out of the account on your device. If you sign out of iCloud on your phone, you won’t lose everything. You can recover the backup once you sign in to your iCloud account again. Deleting account will have you lose all your backed up data.
Sometimes, your iPhone signout wizard might call signing out Deleting. Deleting the account, in the above context, means terminating account and not just signing out.
How do I sign out of iCloud on My Phone?
If you can’t sign out of iCloud on iPhone or iPad, chances are you upgraded your OS and are running iOS 10.3 or later. Signing out of your iCloud on this iOS version is a little bit different and you will need your Apple ID banner. The new procedure is what has made so many people believe they are unable to sign out of iCloud on iPhone.
- Start your Settings app on the iPad or the iPhone
- Tap the Apple ID banner at the top of the screen
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on the Sign Out option
- If you have different accounts for iCloud, App Store and iTunes, be sure to select Sign Out of iCloud
- You will be prompted to enter your password for iCloud Apple ID before you can tap Turn Off
- The provided toggle switch lets you choose what data you want to keep on your device and what you don’t want to download
- Tap sign out and sign out on the confirmation box to finally sign out of iCloud account
How to Sign out of iCloud on Earlier iOS Versions
- Start your settings app
- Tap iCloud
- Scroll down and tap on Sign Out
- Tap Delete from My Phone
- Tap delete or Keep the different kinds of data on your cloud
- Enter your password and then tap on Turn Off
What If You Have Lost Your iCloud Password?
You can’t use the traditional approach to sign out of an iCloud account without your password. Here’s a couple of hacks to help you delete that iCloud account without a password.
Delete iCloud Account Without Password Using iPhone Settings
This simple procedure won’t force you to use your Mac or PC. All you need is your phone.
- Open settings and tap on iCloud
- Scroll down and tap on Delete Account. You will be prompted to enter a password. Enter a random number
- Press done. iCloud will tell you it is incorrect
- Tap OK on the information box, and then Cancel. You will be redirected to the iCloud page again
- Tap on the Account again and now select the erase description option before tapping done
- You’ll be taken back to the main iCloud page. No password will be needed now and your ‘find my phone’ feature will also be off.
- You can now delete your iCloud Account without a password
You can always head over to the iCloud sign-in page on a browser and choose the forgot password option to use the traditional Apple ID or Password recovery procedure given by Apple before deleting your iCloud if you still have access to the email address you used to create the ID.