How to scan from Brother printer to Mac wirelessly
Brother printers are among the best due to their versatility and reliability. Made by Brother Industries Ltd, these printers are among the most popular.
Sometimes, you may need computerized copies of your documents or photos. If so, don’t worry, you can scan what you want with your Brother printer and save it on your Mac. This article will show you how to do it.
Setting up your printer on the network
But first, you will need to set up your printer on the same network as your Mac. Below is how.
- Gather your wireless network’s SSID or Name and Network Security Key (Password)
- Download and install the printer driver from support.brother.com
- Download and start the Wireless Device Setup Wizard again from support.brother.com
- If you receive a warning about opening the application, click Open
- Choose Yes, I have a USB cable to use for installation then click Next
- When the Important Notice window appears, confirm your SSID and Network Key
- Check the box next to Checked and confirmed then click Next
- When prompted, temporarily connect your USB cable directly to your Mac and your printer (make sure it is switched on)
- Choose your network name from the list of available networks
- Enter the Network Key
- On the Wireless Network Settings Confirmation screen, click Next. The settings will be sent to the printer
- Disconnect the USB cable from your Mac and printer when prompted and click Next
- Choose your printer from the list
- Click Finish
Read Also: Best apps to print text messages from iPhone
How to add your Brother printer to Mac wirelessly
Follow these steps to add your printer to Mac wirelessly.
- Turn on your Brother printer
- Setup your printer on the network where your Mac is connected
- Click on the Apple Menu
- Choose System Preferences
- Select Print & Fax, Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners
- Click on the +
- Click on Default then select your Brother printer from the Printer Name list (to select it)
- Confirm that you have selected the correct printer
- Click on Add
Your Brother printer will be added. You can then close the System Preferences.
Scanning for Brother printer to Mac wirelessly
Once you have added your Brother printer in the Print & Scan section, you can now scan directly from there. Below are the steps to follow.
- Connect your Brother printer to the same LAN.
- Go to the Apple menu
- Choose System Preferences
- Click on the Print & Scan
- Choose your printer from the list on the left side of the screen
- Click on Open Print Queue….
- Click on the Scanner
- Place the document you want to scan in the ADF or on the scanner glass. When you place your document in the ADF, choose Document Feeder for Mode and the size of your document for Scan Size. If you decide to place your document on the scanner glass, select Flatbed for Mode.
- Go to Scan To and choose the destination folder or destination application for your document.
- Click on scan. The printer will start scanning.
Hopefully, you will be able to wirelessly scan from the Brother printer to your Mac. If you encounter any problem when doing it, let us know in the comments section below.
Read Also: Best encrypted messaging and calling apps