WhatsApp is a messaging app that has over 2 billion users spread across over 180 countries. It allows users to communicate via voice calls, video calls and sending and receiving a variety of media.
Unfortunately, you can get a ban from using WhatsApp. You may get a message “Your phone number is banned from using WhatsApp. Contact support for help,” while trying to access WhatsApp. This means that your WhatsApp number has been blocked.
If you are wondering why this happens and how to fix it, don’t worry. This page will guide you on how to reactivate a banned WhatsApp number. But first let’s look at what leads to the ban and how to avoid it.
Reasons why your WhatsApp number can be banned
Just like many other messaging apps, WhatsApp has Terms and Conditions that the user should agree with first. Usually, they are for ensuring security and safety of users. Violating the terms of service might cause WhatsApp to ban your account.
Here are some of the situations where you a ban occurs on WhatsApp:
- When you send bulk messages: The company considers this as a clear evidence of spam.
- Using unofficial versions: The unofficial versions come with more great features than the official versions. Using unofficial version exposes you to the risk of being banned. GBWhatsApp and G WhatsApp are examples of the unofficial apps.
- Sending inappropriate content: If you do this, you may be reported by other users. Your account can be get a ban in the process.
Read Also: How to hide your online status on WhatsApp
How to avoid the ban
- Don’t send bulk messages
- Stop using unofficial versions of WhatsApp
- Stop sending inappropriate content to other users.
Types of bans imposed by WhatsApp
There are two types of WhatsApp bans:
- Temporary ban: It lasts for a short period of time (like 1-2 days). In this case, you receive a warning first, e.g., when you are using the unofficial versions. If you ignore the warning you risk getting the permanent ban.
- Permanent ban: You can get the permanent ban if you send bulk messages, illegal content and other content that is harmful or violent. In this way, you can directly violate the WhatsApp’s terms of service.
How to reactivate a banned WhatsApp number
Here are the steps:
- Uninstall WhatsApp from your device
- Go to Google Play Store or App Store
- Search and install the latest version of WhatsApp.
- Enter the banned number that you want to reactivate.
- A message, “Your phone number is banned from using WhatsApp. Contact support for help,” will appear.
- Tap on Support
- Give a genuine reason with your mobile number.
- If you violated WhatsApp’s terms of service, accept your mistake and apologize.
- Tap on the Next button
- Choose “This does not answer my problem”. It will take you to your default mail app with your filled details
- Tap on the Send
- You will get a response within 48 hours and if your appeal is genuine, your number will be unbanned from WhatsApp.
I hope you enjoyed this guide on how to reactivate you banned WhatsApp number. Do you have any question about the same? Let us know in the comments section.
Read Also: How to restore WhatsApp data from iCloud