How to Play Games on iMessage for iOS
Apple hid a whole bunch of games as an Easter-egg in its iMessage app that many people don’t know about. So now, other than sending texts, emojis and funny gifs to friends, family and colleagues, iMessage allows you to play games too, some of them with multiplayer modes to boost that socialization. If this all sounds like news to you, worry not, for in this guide, we will show you how to download and play games on iMessage.
From competitive titles like 8-Ball pool and Chess, to classics such as World Hunt and Tank, iMessage offers a wide variety of compatible games available for download in the App-Store to spice up your texting game. Assuming you don’t want to pay for your games, there is a decent amount of free-to-play titles so you’re quite taken care of.
How to download a game on iMessage
To download games on your iMessage, simply follow these steps:
- Open the iMessage app and click on a thread
- Tap on ‘>’ and choose the App-Store icon (blue icon with an A made out of ice-cream sticks)
And that’s it! In the App-Store you can search and download all sorts of iMessage-compatible games, apps and stickers. However, if you’re wondering where to start, here is a list of some wonderful titles to start you off:
- GamePigeon – Highly recommended, features over twenty multiplayer arcade games.
- Words with Friends
- Trivia Crack
- Let’s Puck it!
- Truthy: Truth or Dare
- Moji Bowling
Now to play any of these titles, you will need to follow these steps:
- Open iMessage and enter a thread or create one.
- Tap on the ‘>’ and choose the App Store icon
- Tap the square dot icon and you will find the game you just installed.
When you enter a game and start playing, a message will alert your friend whenever it is their turn, and the best part is, you don’t even need to switch the iMessage window to play.
Read Also: How to play iMessage games on your Mac
How to uninstall an app from iMessage
If you get sick of an app and wish to uninstall the iMessage app or game, the process to do so is quite easy. Simply follow the steps outlined below:
- Open iMessage and enter a thread or create a new one.
- Tap on the App-Store icon and navigate to the games and apps you’ve installed
- Tap and hold on the app you want to uninstall until it starts to wiggle then tap on ‘X’ to delete it.
With this comprehensive how to play games on iMessage for iOS guide, you too can join the leagues of iMessage gamers and enjoy this Apple Easter-egg too.
Read Also: How to delete GamePigeon