If you are a huge fan of retro games and have an iPhone, an iPod or an iPad, it is safe to say that the world is your oyster thanks to Nintendo emulators.
The App Store is filled with old NDS games, which you can now play without having to jailbreak your device by simply installing a Nintendo DS emulator.
This app works on both jailbroken and non-jailbroken devices, which mean you can play your favorite game regardless of the status of your Apple device.
Moreover, if your Apple device is powered by iOS you can fulfill the need of wanting to play your old NDS games by following steps below.
How to Download NDS4iOS
- Launch Safari web browser on your Apple device and then open iosem.us/app/install/nds.html.
- Locate the install option at the top right corner of your web page. Select that option and do this two more times for other pop up notifications that will appear on your screen to initiate the download process for nds4ios to your device.
- Exit to the home screen and let the app finish downloading.
- Tap the settings icon to launch it and move to General > Profiles (General > Device Management for iOS 9.2).
- Search for the newly added profile, which starts with “Guangdong”, and select it. Tap the trust option and then hit trust a second time when the pop up notification appears on the screen.
That is all you need to install the emulator. Next step load ROMs onto it via your computer by following the steps below:
How to load ROMs to NDS4iOS
- Connect your iPod, iPad or iPhone to your computer and then start the iTunes app.
- Click on your device preferably from the navigation bar at the top and move to the Apps section.
- Move your cursor to the file sharing area and select nds4ios.
- Move the .nds file for each game you want to play to the emulator to the large box below nds4ios Documents.
- Go back to the app and select the menu icon in the top-left corner followed by the Rom List to bring up all the games you transferred to the app.
From there you can select whichever game you fancy playing anytime.