Migrating to an iOS device from Android comes with some uncertainties. One of the worries that you may have may be data incompatibility between the two platforms. In rare occasions, data incompatibility may be a real issue though the chances are next to zero. The Move to iOS app comes in handy in this regard – it allows you to transfer data to your iPhone from an Android device.
Despite being a handy tool in data transfer, you may encounter a snarl up during the transfer process. The Move to iOS app not working issues you may come across include being stuck at Preparing Could not generate code or Moving items into place among other prompts. Follow these guidelines to solve any issues that you may encounter.
Troubleshooting Move to iOS issues
- Confirm whether the network connection on both devices is working. Go to Settings on both the Android and iOS devices and if they are connected to working internet connection, you can cancel out network settings being the issue.
- After confirming the first step, try rebooting both devices. A simple reboot is in many cases a quick fix to many problems on electronic devices. Give it a moment after both device come back on and then attempt moving your data again.
- Turn off the Android device’s Wi-Fi is you are using Move to iOS from Android. After switching the connection off, try to use mobile network – go back to using Wi-Fi if this approach fails.
- If all the first three troubleshooting approaches fail to work – try switching your Android device to Airplane Mode for a short while. Turn it off and then try using Move to iOS again.
- Lastly, ensure that you are running the latest software versions on both your iOS and Android device. Download and install the latest software updates if applicable. The most recent firmware is less likely to have bugs that may be hindering the working of the Move to iOS app.
In the unlikely event that the Move to iOS app keeps on crashing continuously – alternative ways of transferring your data exist. One of these ways involves using your PC. The process involves an additional step – transferring the data from your Android device to your PC and then to your iOS device. Windows PC users have to install iTunes from the Microsoft store for this process to be possible.
Moving Data from Android to PC
Follow these steps for a Mac PC:
- Unlock and connect your Android device to your PC using a working USB cable.
- Visit android.com on your PC and download a program called Android File Transfer.
- Select the Transfer files option from your device’s notification panel.
- From the Android File Transfer window on your PC, drag the desired files from your device to your computer.
If you are using a Windows PC, follow these steps:
- Unlock your Android device and then plug it into your PC via a USB cable.
- Select the Transfer files option from the notification panel.
- Access the device’s storage and copy the desired files.
- Paste the files onto a folder on your PC for later use.
- Disconnect the Android device once you finish transferring the files.
Moving the Files from PC to iOS Device
- Connect your iOS device to your PC using the lightning cable.
- Install iTunes if you are using a Window PC.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Click on the connected device icon.
- On the sidebar, click on File Sharing.
- Select the app to which you want to transfer data to.
- Click on Add and then find the file you want to send to your iOS device.
For you to take advantage of Move to iOS, your Android and iOS devices must be running on Android 4.0 and iOS 9.0 or later. Another mandatory requirement is that both devices support Wi-Fi connectivity. Lastly, you should ensure that both devices have enough juice to last the entire transfer process. If all these requirements are in place and Move to iOS cannot communicate with your device, feel free to employ the troubleshooting measures above. Work through the steps and move on to the next and one of them is bound to work out for you.