Has your Verizon Message+ stopped working? Well, there are a couple of reasons why the app may stop working.
Here is a detailed look into the factors that cause the app to malfunction and ways to solve the issue.
What causes Verizon Message+ app problems
These are the most common issues why Verizon Message+ may fail to work:
- An outdated app: If you don’t have the latest version of the app, chances are you’ll encounter issues—one of them being the app’s malfunction. Also, on the flip side, an updated version of the app could be the problem.
- Full Storage: It is common for apps to stop working because there isn’t enough storage to facilitate their performance. Verizon Message+ is no different.
- App Bugs: These are errors that occur due to bad installation. They can lead to the overall failure of your Message Plus app.
- An outdated OS: If your device’s operating system is not up to date, it could cause Verizon’s Message+ app to stop working. This is because apps are mainly designed to run on the latest version of the OS.
- The default messaging app: Your phone’s default messaging app could be sabotaging Verizon’s Message+ app. It could prevent certain features from loading or prevent them from working completely.
Read Also: How to make your iPhone ring for longer
How to fix Verizon messages app not working
After figuring out the problems, let’s now look at the solutions:
1. Update the Message+ app
Go to the Play Store or App Store on your phone and check for an update of the Message Plus app. If there’s an update available, then initiate the update process manually.
If the issues started after updating the app, you should consider downgrading to a previous version.
2. Clear storage and cache
Clear up some phone memory and cache to allow the app to function properly.
- Open Settings
- Go to Apps or Apps & Notifications
- Select Message+ app from the list
- Click Storage & Cache
- Select Clear Storage & Cache
- Open Settings
- Go to General then iPhone Storage
- Pick Message+ App
- Select Offload App
3. Restart your device
Sometimes all it takes is a soft reset of your device to fix your Verizon Message+ app problems.
Depending on your device, follow the manufacturer’s instructions to restart your device the correct way.
4. Update the device’s OS
Make sure your device runs on the latest operating system. Go to Settings and check if there’s a new update.
Ideally, you can enable automatic OS updates.
5. Change default messaging app permissions
To change your default messaging app permissions:
- Go to “Settings”
- Select “Default Messaging”, then click “Permissions”
- Uncheck all permissions for the app
- Go back to the Message+ app and turn off its permissions for “MMS”, “Notifications”, and “WiFi”
- Finally, go to “Apps”, at the top corner click on the three dots
- Pick “Special Access” then “Write System Settings”
- Turn off “Default Messaging” and reboot your device
6. Reinstall the app
Uninstall the app then reinstall it. Make sure you reinstall from an official source (App Store for iOS and Google Play Store for Android).
All links to the download pages (including the desktop version) can be found on the Verizon website.
7. Factory reset
You could factory reset your device to solve the Message+ problem. But, you must transfer any important files to a MicroSD card because the reset will erase everything.
- Go to Settings.
- Select “Backup & Restore”.
- Enable “Back Up My Data”.
- Select “Factory Data Reset”.
- Go to “Reset Phone”.
- Select “Erase Everything”.
- Give it time to reset and reboot before launching message+.
8. Reach out to the Verizon support team
Lastly, if the Message+ app is not working, get in touch with Verizon Support Team for further assistance.
You’ll have to provide them with:
- The device manufacturer and model number.
- The Message+ software version (You’ll find this in the Play Store and App Store)
- Your device’s OS version.
- The customer service number.
They usually respond within 24 hours.
Since it’s hard to tell exactly why your Message Plus is not working, you’ll have to try out each of the solutions listed above until the app starts working normally.
Be patient as it might take some time for the app’s software system to assemble itself and work properly—especially after a reboot. Let us know which solutions worked for you.
Read Also: Can you get iMessage on Windows?