There may be an occurrence whereby the iPhone front camera is blurry after screen replacement. There may be a few problems that may have caused it, one of them being that a very thin ribbon cable has been broken. It can also be caused when the screen replacement has overlapped the front camera hence blocking the front camera.
If you found your iPhone’s screen replacement method easy, then fixing the front camera won’t be hard either. This article will guide you on the steps that fix an iPhone camera and flashlight that are not working.
Here are some of the five steps that you can use to fix an iPhone front camera that is not working.
1. Switch off the camera app
Your camera app may not have loaded properly, hence causing the screen to appear black. If this is the case, you are required to close the Camera app completely.
To do this, you need to:
- Press the Home button twice.
- Swipe up the camera’s interface and close the Camera app.
- Wait for five minutes and restart your phone.
If this does not solve the issue, you can the next method.
Read Also: How do I force my iPhone camera to focus?
2. Switching the front and the rear camera
This is a small trick that can help restore your normal front camera operation instead of going to the Apple Shop. The steps to switching back and forth between the front and rear camera are:
- Tap on the Camera app.
- Wait a few minutes after loading
- Toggle between the front and back camera using the rotating button on the right side. This helps to regain the focus of the camera lens.
This may help solve the problem and if not, you may try the next method.
3. Restart your iPhone
It is known that the easiest way of fixing any technical problem related to an Apple device is by restarting it. Also known as hard resetting and it can help when the facetime is not working after screen replacement.
Here’s how you hard reset your iPhone:
- Press and hold the Power button on the left side of the phone for a few seconds.
- A power slider will then appear on the screen.
- Slide the power slider to the right side to turn off your phone.
- Wait for 30 seconds before you can press the Power button and switch your phone on.
4. Updating your iPhone’s iOS Version
Another reason behind your black screen issue may be an outdated and unstable iOS version. It is connected to why your iPhone front camera is not working after battery replacement.
To fix this black screen problem, you need to:
- Tap on the Settings app with the gear icon.
- Tap on the General option in the Settings menu.
- Select Software Update and there you will find a notification of the latest IOS version.
- From there you can tap on the ‘Update and Download’ option or the ‘Install Now’ button to download the latest IOS version.
It should be noted that your phone’s battery percentage should be 60% and above to commence with this procedure.
Read Also: Why is my iPhone camera roll out of order?
5. Switching off the Voice-Over feature
This may sound confusing to you that the front camera problem is related to the Voice-Over feature. Many iPhone users have reported having experienced camera problems when the Voice Over feature was on. It is best that you switch it off if you want your front camera to function properly.
Here’s how you switch off the Voice Over feature:
- Tap on the Settings app.
- Select the General tab on the Settings menu.
- Tap on Accessibility in the General menu.
- Open the Voice Over tab and turn the toggle off.
6. Reset your iPhone
If all of these methods do not work, then resetting your iPhone may be your last resort. It should be known that when you reset your iPhone, it will erase every data in your phone and restore it to factory default. You should therefore back up your data in iCloud before starting this procedure.
Once you have done this, you can go ahead and reset your iPhone by doing the following:
- Tap on the Settings app.
- Select the General option in the Settings option.
- Tap on the Reset option, followed by Reset All Settings.
- The device will prompt you to confirm the procedure by entering your passcode.
- If you want to reset your entire device, you should follow the whole process but instead of tapping on the ‘Reset All Settings’ option, tap on the ‘Erase All Content and Settings’ options.
- The device will prompt you to enter your passcode and press ‘Erase iPhone’ so that it can reset it.
7. Consult a phone expert
When all these methods do not work for you, you should take your phone to an expert who will have it checked. You can take it to an Apple Shop where a legalized Apple technician will work out where the problem is.
You can also take it where you had your iPhone screen replaced. The phone repairer may have wrongly fitted the screen replacement, hence the iPhone camera and flashlight are not working.
There is also an online repair store called the Plus store that delivers a technician to your doorstep. The advantage of hiring them is that they will fix your iPhone on the spot and give you a lifetime warranty after the repair.
Your iPhone front camera, fixed!
There are various reasons why your iPhone front camera is not working after screen replacement. They include a very thin wire cable breaking and an outdated IOS version. We have listed down various methods that you can use to fix your front camera.
You can restart your phone, update your IOS to the latest version, toggle between the front and back camera and even switch off the Voice Over feature. If all the above steps do not work, take your iPhone to a phone repairer who can help with the situation. With that, your front camera will start working normally.