If you’ve stored your iPhone backup on your computer but it isn’t showing up anymore, then where is it gone? Can it be recovered? If these are the questions that are running in your head, then you should know its possible to recover your backup. I’ll show you how to do it.
Why restore iPhone is not showing up in iTunes?
Although your backup isn’t showing up on iTunes, it doesn’t mean that it has been lost forever. The reason why it doesn’t show is because the restore backup menu doesn’t appear. This is normally brought about by various factors. They include:
- When your iPhone runs an older version of iTunes than the one on your computer.
- The backup could have come from a new version of iPhone and now you want to restore in a device running an older version of iOS.
When this is the case, you will find that when you want to restore your backup, the restore backup list will not appear.
Update your devices
Since the reason was compatibility, all you need to do is make both your iOS and the iTunes version on your PC compatible. The easiest way to go about this is to update the older version to the newer version of the OS. Once you have done that, go ahead and try to restore the backup.
Use data recovery software
If you still can’t find iPhone backup on iTunes even after updating your iOS, then it could again be your iTunes backup file got corrupted due to the incompatible iOS versions or other software reasons. You should then use the iTunes data recover method by following the guiding steps to do so.
- Install data recovery software like Tenorshare or Phonerescue on your computer.
- Launch the software and select the data recovery option
- On Tenorshare, click Go get back deleted iTunes backup
- Next, click Start Scan
- Select the location that you need to scan such as drive C where backups are mostly stored
- After scanning is complete, all recovered data will be displayed on the screen. Select what you need to recover and then click “Recover” button which is at the bottom. There you go! You have recovered your backup data.
Hopefully you’ve now managed to recover your iTunes backup. Losing data is a stressful ordeal and these methods above will help you avoid losing your important data. If you encounter any problems or if you wish to add something, let us know in the comments below.