Instagram is a social media platform for sharing photos and videos. It is owned by Facebook. Users can post photos and videos and also view other users’ posts.
The users view new posts by refreshing the Instagram feed. However, the feed may fail to refresh sometimes. This means that the user cannot see the new posts. If you are stuck there, don’t worry, this article will show why it occurs and how to fix it.
Reasons why Instagram can’t refresh feed
There are possible causes of the problem. They include:
- Technical issues with your device
- Running an outdated version of Instagram app
- Weaker or lost internet connection
How to fix the Instagram can’t refresh feed issue
Having looked at the causes of the error, let’s now see how we can fix it. There are a number of ways in which you can get your Instagram up and running again. See the fixes below.
1. Restart your device
When your device has technical issues, you are more likely to encounter errors, including the Instagram “couldn’t refresh feed” error. Technical issues are easily fixed by restarting devices. After doing that, open Instagram again and refresh the feed. If you still encounter the error, try the next fix.
2. Update your Instagram app
Running an outdated Instagram app can also cause the error. When using an outdated version of the Instagram app, you cannot take advantage of the new available features. It also leads to errors including the “couldn’t refresh feed” error.
In this case, updating the app solves the issue. Below are the steps to update Instagram.
- Open the Play store if you using an Android device or Apple Store if you are on an iOS.
- Tap on Updates. If there is an update, follow the prompts to update the app.
3. Check your internet connection
Instagram works well with a stable internet connection. So, when you have a weaker internet connection or when the connection is lost, you won’t be able to post or view posts. With weaker connections, your device may lose bits of information resulting in downloads hanging up or stopping entirely. This is what makes Instagram unable to refresh feed.
To fix the error, you should ensure that you have a stable internet connection. If you are using WiFi connection, try switching to stronger one. You can also opt to use mobile data.
4. Uninstall and reinstall the app
If all the above don’t work, then you should try uninstalling the app. After that, you can install the app again. Below is how.
- Open the Apple Store(for iOS) or Play Store( for Android)
- Type Instagram in the search bar
- Click on search or Enter button
- Click on the app icon to download and install
- Open the app and login using your details
- Try refreshing the feed to see if the error is fixed.
Those are the ways in which you can fix the error “Couldn’t refresh feed” on Instagram. Try them one by one until the problem is fixed. Let us know the fix that worked for you in the comments section below.