Telegram is a messaging service that was founded by a Russian entrepreneur Pavel Durov. Telegram works just like other messaging apps: users can call contacts, send files and stickers and start conversations as well.
However, some users may get banned on Telegram. In this article, you will know how to get unbanned on Telegram plus other relevant information.
Why your Telegram account may be banned
Telegram tries to ensure the safety of its users. This includes protecting them from advertisements, spam and malicious links. So, if you do such activity and get noticed, your account can be banned. This usually happens when a few users report you.
To be able to use Telegram after such ban, you will have to use a new phone number. So, try to avoid the ban.
How to avoid the ban
- Don’t send out advertisements
- Avoid sending links to the third-party sites.
- Don’t invite too many users to the channel.
How long does the ban lasts?
Telegram bans do not always last forever. Usually it depends on how serious your violations were.
If you are banned due to a couple of messages, the ban may last for a week or less. If the violations were serious, you can be banned forever if not for a longer period of time.
Read Also: How to reactivate a banned WhatsApp number
How to get rid of the ban
Sometimes you may receive an undeserved ban. To get rid of it
- Open search and find a channel named @spambot.
- Select this bot and start chatting.
- To start chatting with a bot, tap on Start.
- When there are no restrictions for your account, you will be told. If there are some restrictions, the bot will tell you how long they will last.
If the ban is valid, here is what to do.
- Wait for its end. This is the easiest way to get rid of the ban. This works only if the ban lasts for a specified period of time. So, don’t do anything until that time is over.
- Change the phone number. Do this if the ban lasts forever. In addition, it also works if you want to use Telegram before the restriction time is over. However, it is not convenient.
- Contact Telegram support team: You can write to Telegram support team to prove your rights. But, this is meaningless if you were banned due to serious violations. Moderation only works according to the rules.
- Send an email to [email protected]: Sometimes, the algorithms can work automatically and impose a restriction. This can happen when, for example, you sent an invitation to numerous contacts. In that case, you should send an email to [email protected]. In the email, describe the situation and provide evidence.
Those are the ways you can get rid of the ban on Telegram. Use one method depending on your situation. If you have any questions or have a different opinion on the same, let us know in the comments section below.