Your iPhone, by default, would only let you delete contacts from your contact book, one at a time. Although this will work for a few contacts, it is still unpleasant for those who would like to delete a large number of contacts. One of the ways to go through the process would be to delete them via iCloud. If you don’t want to go in this way, there’s an even easier way of doing it –using an app from AppStore.
This post will feature both ways of deleting multiple numbers so that you may choose for yourself what is good for you. All these methods work perfectly and your choice should only depend on the ease of use and availably of the right software.
How to Activate iCloud Backup on iPhone 6
- Launch Settings
- Tap iCloud
- Scroll down to PassBook
- Tap on Backup (To put it ON)
Backing up is sometimes a lengthy process and needs an internet connection to work. On average, it will take about 3-4 hours for your iPhone 6 to completely back up everything.
How to Delete Contacts from iPhone Using iCloud
- Log in to iCloud
- Tap on contacts
- Hold down the command button and select all contacts you would like to remove if you’re accessing iTunes from a Mac computer. If you’re using Windows PC, click on each contact while holding the Control button in order to select multiple numbers.
- Tap on Delete or Show Actions Menu that’s located on the bottom left
- Tap on Delete
- Check to ensure you have synced contact on the iPhone and wait for it to propagate.
At this point, you have just deleted multiple contacts from your iPhone using iTunes. However, if you don’t find this method appropriate for you, how about the one below?
How to Delete Multiple Contacts from the iPhone Using Groups App
The Groups App is a third-party application that you can find on the Apple AppStore. It is available for download free-of-charge and allows you to perform collective actions on a group of numbers. The following procedure will help you delete multiple contacts from the iPhone 6.
- Open AppStore and find Groups App
- Install and launch the app
- Grant it access to your contacts
- Select All Contacts from the Groups List
- Scroll through the contacts and mark those you would like to delete
- Marking can be done by clicking on circle outline, located on the left of the name
- Select choose action at the top bar after you’ve finished marking
- Find and tap on Delete Contacts on the popup menu
- Select Remove from my iPhone! to confirm your action
That’s all you need to do when using the Groups App, and you’ll have deleted all saved numbers from your iPhone.
Once you have deleted the numbers you can now go back to the groups app to confirm whether you’ve actually completed the process. The iCloud option might take you a lot of time but does work well, while the Groups App isn’t the most user-friendly app around, but still can perform a better job. Share your experience with us if you’ve attempted using these applications.