Nostalgia is a powerful thing, and one way it surfaces in gamers is making you wish for the good old classic games. Luckily, with the help of this guide, you can now prepare yourself for the next wave of old-games-nostalgia…experiencing one of the world’s best-known hand-held gaming devices by downloading and installing GameBoy Color Emulator on your iOS 12 device.
The GameBoy Color was released as a predecessor to Pocket and featured some of the earliest colored games. Now you too can enjoy this retro gaming experience by emulating GameBoy games through the GameBoy Color Emulator for iOS 12. And the best part is, you do not need to be running a jailbreak on your iOS device.
How to install GameBoy Color emulator on iPhone
Downloading and installing GameBoy Color Emulator for iOS12 is relatively simple. Proceed with the installation by following the steps below:
- Launch the Safari App on your iOS device and input the following URL: https://gameplaycolor.com/app/
- Add it onto the home-screen by tapping on the ‘Share’ button and then choosing the ‘Add to Home Screen’ option.
- Tap on the home screen icon created. It will ask you to sign into your Google Account so you can access Google Drive.It is in this Google Drive that we will need to add GameBoy Color ROMs so as to play games.
- After signing into your Google Account, choose ‘Accept’ for the emulator to finalize its installation. This will be evident from the welcome screen asking you to ‘Tap to Choose a Game’ which we can’t as we haven’t installed any ROMs yet. But not to worry, adding games to your freshly-installed GameBoy Color Emulator is exactly what we will be covering in the steps below.
Read Also: How to download Retroarch emulator
How to Add ROMs to GameBoy Color Emulator
To add games into your emulator’s library, you will need to follow the following steps:
- Launch the Safari App on your iOS device and visit https://emulator.games/roms/gameboy-color/
- This site offers a lot of GameBoy Color Emulator ROMs for free download. You can browse the games or tap on the search icon and find your game of choice.
- Decompress the downloaded file using an Unzip software of choice (Readdle is an excellent option I use on iOS). And tap to open the .gb file.
- Click on ‘Open in Drive’ to open the file in Google Drive. The finalize by uploading the .gb file onto Google Drive.
Not when you launch the GameBoy Color Emulator app, you should see a list of the games you’ve uploaded using the steps outlined above.
Hopefully, this comprehensive guide on GameBoy Color Emulator for iOS 12 helps you fulfil all your retro-gaming needs. For all your needs, check out our other gaming tips, tricks and guides.
Read Also: Nintendo 3DS emulator for iOS 12