Best free alternatives to Dreamweaver in 2020
Adobe Dreamweaver is among the most used and best known web development tool. Many developers have used it to develop basic sites while others created some of the most complex sites.
However, Dreamweaver may not be accessible to all due to its cost. To access the single app, you have to pay $19.99 monthly while the standard plan costs $29.99 monthly. As such those who use a fraction of its capabilities may find the cost unjustifiable.
But, don’t worry. If you find Dreamweaver beyond your reach, there are other options to slide to. This page will introduce you to the best free alternatives to Dreamweaver. Check them below.
KompoZer is a free web development tool that you can use instead of Dreamweaver. It is suitable for both new and professional designers. KompoZer contains a publishing system so you don’t need to work with another application to upload your newly created pages. So, it is a complete web development tool. Below are its features.
- Tabbed editing allowing you to open multiple pages or sites in one window.
- Integrated file management via FTP.
- Forms, tables, and template support.
- Color picker which helps you to know the hex values of the colors you need.
- CSS editor which enables you to see your CSS changes live.
- Markup cleaner which works in conjunction with WC3 validation tool to ensure your markup is clean.
- Automated spell checks to keep you from looking unprofessional
Read Also: Best iPhone file transfer software
2. Aptana Studio
With Aptana Studio you can build web applications with ease. Below are a range of features offered by Aptana Studio.
- Deployment Wizard
- Integrated Debugger
- Git Integration
- Built-in Terminal
- IDE Customization
3. Trellian WebPage
Trellian WebPage was initially released in 2006. It is also another free web development tool that remains supported and loved.
The software allows you to create and edit web pages without necessarily learning complex scripting languages. For the features it offers, it is quite powerful for a free software.
- Intuitive Interface.
- Imports pages compatible with today’s browsers.
- Absolute positioning of HTML elements.
- Color Highlighted HTML Editor.
- Meta Tag editor.
- Drag & drop interface.
- Imports all major image formats
- Support for current Internet technologies.
- Built-in document spellchecker.
- Support for 1000’s of Photoshop Plugins.
- Easy image conversion and also resampling tools with unlimited undo’s.
- Enables you to create Search engine friendly pages
4. Google Web Designer
Google Web Designer is web development tool that will give you everything you need from a WYSIWYG HTML editor. It is a totally freeware and therefore worth considering for your web development needs. This is why it is one of the best alternatives to Dreamweaver. Here are its features.
- Create HTML5 content
- Animation and interactive elements
- Pre-programmed web components
- iFrame, image, maps, tap areas and YouTube components
- Automatic component metric reporting
- Event triggers such as touch and tilt
- Create multiple pages for products
- Quick mode or layers on a timeline
- Toggle between modes
- Create 3D content
- Shape and Pen tools
- Unique Tag Tool
- Gradient Editing tool
- Integration with AdWord, Google Drive and DoubleClick Studio.
Read Also: Top puzzle games for iPhone
TOWeb will also help you get your website to the next level. Unlike all the above software, TOWeb has paid packages apart from the free plan. But, you can stick to the free mode if you want. See its features below.
- Templates included
- Easy and intuitive live content editing (Wysiwyg)
- Create your online store
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Create an international website in multiple languages
- Publish to any web host
- Access to 100s google web fonts
- An included search box and search engine for your pages and products
- Security features to protect any page with a password, and captcha verification to protect your forms
- Multi-image, sliders, albums, and an image editor to adjust your pictures directly in TOWeb
- Support of numerous objects (HTML5 or YouTube videos, Twitter, Google Maps, Widget, Graph, Countdown, Polls, etc.)
- Export and Import features for catalog products
- Easy creation of links and topics
Those are the best free Dreamweaver alternatives you were looking for. But, they are not the only free one’s of course. Hopefully, one of them will work well with you. If you have any question on the same, let us know in the comments section.
Read Also: Best app to transfer from Android to iPhone