Snapchat is one of the most used applications nowadays. However good it is, it has some glitches which you might encounter while using it. One of the most annoying issues is the Snapchat could not refresh message which can pop up even if you are connected to a cellular network. Snapchat fails to refresh because it needs the internet to load and all memories are stored on its servers.
If you can refresh other stories but Snapchat could not refresh stories, then Snapchat servers might be the problem. They might be down and your internet might be a problem. Snapchat could also take forever to refresh if the speed that runs the app is down to your internet or phone. When you use this app a lot, it might take long to refresh because the servers are dealing with lots of requests.
Read Also: Snapchat voice changer doesn’t work? Fix
So, if you use the application and you are greeted with ‘Snapchat could not refresh please try again’ you can solve the problem using the following methods.
Solution #1: Clear Snapchat data
The Snapchat cache is a store of your recent Snaps and Snapchat stories. It also hosts data from other accounts and clearing it will create space without deleting memories. To clear your cache on your phone, follow these steps.
- Open Snapchat then go to settings
- Open applications
- Delete the data and cache
- Restart your Snapchat and check if it is working properly.
Read Also: Fix Snapchat login errors
Solution #2: Switch Data Connection
If you have a strong internet connection but Snapchat can’t refresh, switch your data connection and try again. If you are using Wi-Fi, switch to cellular network. But if you are unable to refresh your Snapchat, switch to airplane mode. Alternatively, you can switch off your phone and turn it on after a few minutes.
Solution #3: Update Snapchat
Updating your Snapchat will help solve the Snapchat could not refresh issue. If your phone is Android, get it from Google Play Store and iOS store if you use iOS.
- Open App Store on your phone and make sure you have a stable internet connection
- Use the update button on the bottom to find the button to update the application
- Click on update next to Snapchat to update the application
Solution #4: Check if Snapchat is down
When Snapchat is down, you will not be able to use the features of this application. If this is your first time to use the application, it can be a challenge to distinguish if it’s down. Nonetheless, there are practical ways you can use to detect the problem.
- Look at the Down Detector. This is a third-party application that tracks real-time issues and other problems on several platforms including Snapchat.
- Using the Down Detector, select the Live Outage Map button and see the specific geographical area that has issues with Snapchat.
- You can also navigate to Snapchat official Twitter and read through recent tweets. This is an official and reliable method.
Apply any of the above options if you get the message Snapchat can’t refresh. If one doesn’t work, the other one should fix the problem without much hassle, allowing you to continue using Snapchat and its features.
Read Also: Fix Snapchat filters not working