How to fix Cydia Impactor error: installer.cpp:71
As you may already know, Apple devices don’t allow users to install third-party apps. The iOS devices are restricted to only download and install apps from the Apple Store which may be quite frustrating for some users. This is where Cydia Impactor proves useful by enabling iOS users to install third-party apps by jailbreaking.
Cydia Impactor tool is available on the web for free for iOS users to access those apps and games unavailable on Apple Store. However, like most technologies (if not all), Cydia Impactor gives its users errors along the way. Many users encounter errors while using the tool. One of the Cydia Impactor errors is provision.cpp:71. Luckily, we have found some actions you can take to fix this error.
The Cydia Impactor error message provision.cpp:71 ios/submitDevelopmentCSR=7460. You already have a current iOS Development certificate or a pending certificate request occurs when the iOS development certificates used to sideload IPA files are conflicting. This makes Cydia Impactor unable to sign thus throwing the error.
Solving the “installer.cpp:71 error”
You can try the following to fix the error:
1. Remove the older versions
When you are trying to install a third-party app via Cydia impactor and encounter the installer.cpp:71 error message, it may be due to the existence of an older version of the same app on your iOS device. This leads to the certificate signing issue leading to the error, preventing you from going further.
To fix this, you should first remove the older version of the app you want from your iOS device. Thereafter, try installing the app again.
2. Find and remove the similar app
Sometimes, the error occurs when the app you are trying to install is the same as the one already installed on your iOS device, although with a different name.
If that’s the case, you just have to ensure that there are no such apps available on your device to fix the installer.cpp:71 error.
3. Revoke certificates
Revoking certificates can also help to fix the provision installer.cpp:71 error. To do it:
- Open Cydia Impactor on your computer
- Navigate to Xcode and click on it
- Click on Revoke certificates
- Enter your Apple ID and
- Click on Enter. Cydia Impactor will connect to Apple.
All the development certificates will be revoked. Try installing the app you want thereafter.
If all the above fixes don’t work, try the following:
- Check that you are running the latest Cydia Impactor version, if not, update
- Set up a second Apple ID. This generates a new signing profile plus a new developer certificate.
- If you have two-factor authentication (2FA) in your Apple ID, create an app-specific password that you will use with that ID.
- Instead of dragging and dropping the IPA file on Cydia Impactor;
- Click on Device menu
- Select install package
- Click the IPA file that is to be sideloaded.
Managed to fix installer.cpp:71 error?
Hopefully, the above fixes will help you in case you encounter the provision.cpp:71 error. Feel free to share your own experiences about the same in the comments section below.
Read Also: Fixing Cydia impactor error http-win.cpp 160