How to download MovieBox for iOS (without jailbreak)
Moviebox app was a popular mobile application offering thousands of HD Movies, Videos, TV Shows, Trailers, and so much more for free download, or streaming online.
The original Moviebox app was shut down by developers and is unavailable but, a new version of the app called Moviebox PRO is live and available for download on iOS. This article will walk you through how to get Moviebox on iOS 12 for your iPhone, iPad and so forth.
MovieBox/ MovieBox Pro for iOS features
- The app can install without jailbreak.
- Unlimited movie and video downloads and streaming.
- A regularly updated store.
- No need for an Apple ID and Password.
- A modern, simplistic, yet stylish UI.
- Compatible with iOS 10 to iOS 13.
Read Also: Terrarium alternatives to try out
How to download MovieBox on iOS.
MovieBox on iOS was available for all iOS devices running iOS 7+. However, with the app being pulled by developers, the alternative MovieBoxPRO for iOS only supports iOS devices running iOS 10+ but is not available in the AppStore either. Just follow the steps outlined below to get MovieBoxPRO on your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch the Safari App on your iPhone, iPad or iPod.
- Navigate to
- Scroll to MovieBox for iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod)
- Click on “Download MovieBox for iOS”
- On the resulting page, scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Click on “Download Now” to get the latest version of the app downloaded.
The following iOS devices are supported by MovieBox PRO for iOS by the time of this article:
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max
- iPad Pro, Air, Air 2, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.
- iPhone X, XR, XS, and XS Max
- iPhone 8, 8+, 7, 7+, 6S, 6S+, 6, 6+, 5S.
- iPad Mini 4, Mini 3, Mini 2, Mini
- iPod Touch 6 and 5
However, even with a compatible device, some users report MovieBox not downloading. This error was especially common towards the end-of-life of MovieBox for iOS but is also encountered randomly with MovieBox Pro download.
Fix MovieBox not downloading
If you come across the MovieBox not downloading error, then the steps outlined below might come in handy to fix it.
- Rerun your iDevice: Simply restart your iOS device and check whether this solves the MovieBox not downloading issue.
- Change the time on your iDevice: This method was reported successful for iOS Devices on iOS 8.1.3/ 8/3 or later. Navigate to Settings> General> Date & Time. Turn off “Set Automatically” and change the date and time to August 30th, 2014. This might bypass any expired security updates and allow you to download MovieBox for iOS.
- Use a VPN: To try this method, you would need to find a free VPN online and note down the server’s (PPTP) username and password. Add this information to the VPN settings in your iOS Device and try to re-download MovieBox for iOS.
- Try other alternative apps: If you’ve tried the above alternatives with no success, and you’re still unable to download the latest version of MovieBox on your iPhone/iPad, then it maybe time to consider some other great alternatives. Popcorn Time, PlayBox and Show Box are so far some worthy alternatives for MovieBox.
Hopefully, this article helps you with how to download MovieBox on iOS. Feel free to continue the discussion in the comment section and share your input on how to get MovieBox for iPhone/iPad.