However much you fancy reading, it requires your full attention to grasp anything. This is why audiobooks are becoming more popular. You can listen to them while working out, preparing food, or even while on the road. This isn’t the only benefit. Audiobooks are cheaper nowadays and can be used across all devices. If you have your favourite book, you can easily convert it to an audio book on an iPhone or Mac.
Convert e-book to an audiobook for mac
If you are a Mac user you can also get some Apps that will convert the e-book to m4b files that are usually accepted by Apple devices. You will need to have an Audiobook creator to do this.
- On Audiobook creator, drag the pdf or e-book to the files
- Select convert
- Once done you can either select reveal folder or open with iTunes (select this option)
- Once you open you will find the audiobook in the audiobook section.
- Select the file you want to convert and right click.
- Select ‘create mp3 version’
- Once complete you can share with other devices to enjoy the mp3 version of your book.
Read Also: How to add audiobooks on your iPhone
How to convert an e-book to audiobook in iOS
If the text you want to be converted is from kindle you can listen to it in audio by either using speech or VoiceOver in accessibility.
To do this:
- Go to accessibility
- Select speech or VoiceOver pick what you prefer
- Chose the voice and the speed you are comfortable with
- Then open the Kindle app and swipe down with two fingers
Use Siri to open VoiceOver and then press the home button to open Kindle. The last thing you want is to navigate the screen while VoiceOver is on.
Customizing VoiceOver on the iPhone or iPad
You can customize VoiceOver by navigating to Settings > General > Accessibility. From here, you can set the reading speed or choose the reading voice.
Reading books nowadays is not easy due to the busy lifestyles most people are living. However, this doesn’t mean that you cannot enjoy your favorite book. Using the tips given above, you can enjoy any novel in audio no matter where you are or what you are doing.