If you love using Google Drive on your Mac, then you’ll definitely find it more convenient to add it to Finder on your Mac Dock.
Are you wondering how to add Google Drive to Finder? Well, here’s how to do it.
Step-by-Step guide to add Google Drive to Finder
Follow these steps to add Google Drive to Finder:
- Go to Applications and launch Google Drive
- Open your home folder. Mostly this is where Google Drive is found.
- Drag and drop Google Drive folder to the sidebar
- On the Finder menu, click Finder then click Preferences
- Click the sidebar icon then select the box next to your User
- Now, go to your application folder and click on Google Drive to open it.
- In the top menu from the Finder, click on file then add to sidebar.
If you are using Dropbox, we have created a guide to help you add Dropbox to Finder. Check it out.
How to install Google Drive on a Mac
If you don’t have Google Drive already installed, follow these steps to download and install the app to your Mac device.
- Sign in your Google Drive account and if you don’t have create one.
- After you sign in, you will see the Google Drive home page
- Sign in your Google Drive account
- You will receive a text “You will be notified when Google Drive is available to you.”
- If you see that text tap the ‘Notify Me’ button.’ Google will send you an email when the service is ready. At this point, proceed to the next step.
- Press ‘Download Drive for Mac’ tap located at the side bar of your Google Drive home page.
- Save the Google Drive download website (file) to your computer.
- Launch the installation file then drag the Google Drive icon into the Application folder.
- Open Google Drive from the Application folder
- Login to your Google account
- Click through the set-up Windows to create Google Drive folder on your computer
- Launch the Google Drive for your Mac from the toolbar
- Drag folders and files from into your Google Drive folder. All the files in your drive will be downloaded to this folder any time you add a file etc. They will be uploaded automatic.
- Finally, Google Drive desktop application will be installed on your Mac.
The use of any cloud-storage system is to link the storage to several devices. And that is how to add Google Drive to Finder to access synced files. If you want to reorganize your files, we have created a guide to help you remove files on Google Drive without deleting them on Mac.